High Performance Systems
Detention and Security Windows
You can’t escape it – a security system made of glass and steel.
- Ability to meet UL 752 ballistic resistance
- Levels 1 through 6
- Enhanced security with vision and light transmission
- Extraordinarily versatile and available in various sizes
Pittsburgh Corning has engineered a solution to meet the demanding security needs of the architectural and design community. The following information can assist you in the design and incorporation of these windows into your projects.
This system is the perfect choice for prisons, detention centers, holding cells, correctional facilities, jails, criminal justice facilities and police departments. High Performance System Detention and Security Windows are factory assembled, steel framed glass block windows. Customizable to various shapes and sizes.
Versatility, durability and light transmittance.
High Performance Systems Detention and Security Windows increase the amount of natural daylighting that comes into a room while still providing a secure environment. They are extraordinarily versatile and available in various sizes. Utilizing VISTABRIK® solid glass block with a steel frame and grid, this window requires minimal maintenance and is ideal for facilities where safety and security is critical.
Pittsburgh Corning’s Detention and Security Windows are manufactured to meet the following standards:
- ASTM E283 – Standard Test Method for Determining Rate of Air leakage
- ASTM E330 – Standard Test Method for structural performance
- ASTM E547 – Standard Test Method for Water penetration
- ASTM A1011 – Standard Specification for Steel
- ASTM C920 – Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants
- ANSI Z97.1 – Safety Glazing Materials Used in Buildings – Safety Performance Specifications and Methods of Test
- 16 CFR Part 1201 – Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Safety Standard for Architectural Glazing Materials
Pittsburgh Corning has a sales and technical support team that is ready to help you design, engineer and specify glass block solutions. Please call 800-871-9918 for assistance.
For detailed technical and performance information for Pittsburgh Corning Glass Block Products, click here.
Features and Benefits
- Enhanced Security
- Ballistic and Impact Resistant
- Resistant to Forced Entry/Exit
- Varying Privacy Levels
- Factory-Assembled for Consistent Quality
- Strength and Durability of Steel
- Welded Corners and Grids
- Narrow Sightlines
- Vision and Light Transmission
- Reduced On-Site Labor Costs
- Expedited Installation Sequencing
- Will Not Burn
- Resists Scratching and Marring
- Will Not Discolor
- Reduces Maintenance Costs