Energy efficient Glass block panels let in the sun’s light, but keep out the heat. That’s because each block features a low emissivity coated glass panel sandwiched inside the block that filters out about 70% of total solar energy while still allowing for superior day lighting. And with an insulating U-Value of 0.34 (unframed), these panels can keep HVAC costs in line too. Framed panel as above, has a U-Value of 0.38.
Sandwiched inside every block is a low-emissivity coated glass panel. Like traditional energy saving windows, this panel blocks out the sun’s heat and ultraviolet light – to help keep interiors cooler in the summer. In winter, the panel’s improved insulating ability helps keep interiors warmer.
The blocks are framed by a 2-piece aluminum channel. Standard aluminum channel is mill finished, anodized clear or bronze. Powder coating is also available.
Why High Performance Systems?
- Visually stunning, pre-fabricated panels are easy to install
- Customizable to meet project needs
- Designed to meet your performance requirements
- Useful for daylighting strategies and can contribute to LEED points
- Available with a range of visibility and privacy options
- Graffiti-resistant, damage-resistant and easy to clean
- Possibilities are limited only by your imagination
Pittsburgh Corning has a sales and technical support team that is ready to help you design, engineer and specify glass block solutions. Please call 800-871-9918 for assistance.
For detailed technical and performance information for Pittsburgh Corning Glass Block Products, click here.