LightWise® Residential Systems
Hurricane Resistant Glass Block Windows
Holds back hurricanes. Dances with light.
- Withstands hurricane force winds
- Protects against flying debris
- No need for shutters
Anyone who’s ever experienced a hurricane knows that hurricane-force winds are powerful, but the real danger comes in the form of flying debris. That means, if you’re designing a building to withstand a hurricane, it needs to be able to stand up to flying debris as well.
Protect your building and its occupants with Hurricane-Resistant Glass Block Windows. They meet the large missile impact tests referenced in the International Building Code and Dade County Approval Protocols. Plus, they’re attractive, easy to install and offer the kind of privacy and light aesthetics you can only get with glass block.
Hurricane-Resistant Glass Block Windows
Hurricane-Resistant Glass Block Windows brighten any application with soft, natural light. They’re ideal for use in commercial applications where beauty, light transmission and protection against hurricane force winds and debris is critical. The window has passed the large missile impact tests recognized by the International Building Code and Dade County, and is approved for use in coastal areas.
Hurricane-Resistant Glass block Windows consist of glass block framed by 2x6 treated wood.
Hurricane-Resistant Glass Block Windows are available as pre-assembled windows for easy installation. They are available in 60 sizes in three different glass block patterns.
Features and Benefits
- Visually stunning, pre-fabricated panels that are easy to install
- No need for shutters
- Custom sizes available
- Guaranteed to meet your performance requirements
- Useful for daylighting strategies and can contribute to LEED points
- Protects against flying debris and hurricane-force winds
- Available with a range of visibility and privacy options
- Graffiti-resistant, damage-resistant and easy to clean
- Greater security than conventional windows
- The possibilities are limited only by your imagination
- Made in America
Tests Passed/Code Approvals
- Meets large missile impact tests referenced in the International Building Code (IBC), in accordance with ASTM E-1886 and ASTM E-1996
- Tested to Dade county Approval protocols TAS 201, 202, 203
- Window Size and Design Pressure Rating: 4’ x 4’ = 100 PSF Design Pressure